My intentions were good but my timing was off. I mean to post this on Saturday June 8, as it was World Oceans Day but friends and the outdoors called. But it is never too late to celebrate the ocean.
I selected four animals that usually capture my attention:
– the massive Mola Mola or Ocean Sunfish appearing to lack a body
– a cheery yellow tang
– the curious blenny rising from the rocks (I thought he needed an aura about him to play up his upwardness. :)). I have always liked their martian type face and ability to “walk” with their dorsal fins.
– the serpentine armed brittle star (not starfish. I typed this at first in fact but “fish” will not do for an invertebrate, scientifically speaking).
If you would like to learn more about how you can impact the oceans in a positive way, check out the Natural Resources Defense Council website:
Other ways you can be a friend to oceans:
– Make sure your fish and invertebrates were bred in captivity for home aquariums
– Check the sources of any buttons, jewelry, shells, etc, you buy to be sure it was sold with sustainability in mind.
– And share the beauty of it through art, of course!